What is a Digital Storytelling?"Digital storytelling" is a relatively new term which describes the new practice of everyday people who use digital tools to tell their 'story'. It combines traditional oral storytelling with visual and sound capabilities of digital media. It can take many forms including but not limited to slideshow with narration, interview video, animated story, etc.
What do I use it for?
- To tell a story without pen and paper
- Visual poems
- To record local history related to certain areas or monument
- To add a narration to cherished pictures and objects that you want to remember
- To create a narrated slideshow for a special events
For more ideas. please visit Athabasca University at:
How do I start?Check out our library's Digital Storytelling Kit. It has a recorder, an SD card, a set of batteries and a charger, and a book on oral storytelling. You can use the recorder to record your own story or interview friends and family for stories,
Once you have your sound file, you will need to add images to turn it into video.
How to attach this image to your sound file:
1) Save the image to your device. On most devices you can do this by right clicking the image and copy and pasting it into your photo folder.
2) Open your sound file in a video editing app.
3) Import the image into your video project.
4) Place the image over your sound track.